The stereo camera pair delivers a single 1504 x 480 side-by-side image that can be viewed in 3D stereoscopic video, while the video eyewear provides an unprecedented 67-inch display as seen from 10 feet. The Wrap 920AR also includes a 6 Degree-of-Freedom Tracker, which allows for absolute accuracy of roll pitch and yaw and also X, Y and Z positioning in 3D space.
“The Wrap 920AR offers the world’s only sunglass styled Augmented Reality experience” said Vuzix CEO, Paul Travers. “This state-of-the-art video eyewear, offers consumers an AR solution only available in handheld devices to date, merging the real world with the digital in a pair of glasses makes for world changing experiences from industry to gaming,” adds Travers. “With the Wrap 920 AR, Vuzix has brought enhanced capabilities to the video eyewear industry.” [adsense]
The Wrap 920AR’s stereo camera assembly and 6-DoF Tracker will also be available separately for upgrading existing Wrap video eyewear.
Vuzix Wrap 920AR Specifications:
– 1/3-inch wide VGA Digital Image Sensor
– Resolution: 752H x 480W
– Includes 6 Degree-of-Freedom Tracker
– Frame rate: 60 fps
– Dynamic range: greater than 55dB linear; greater than 80-100dB in HiDy mode
– Shutter efficiency: greater than 99%
– ADC Resolution: 10-bit column parallel
– High-speed USB 2.0
– PC and Mac compatible
– Systems requirements: Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.4.9 or higher
– MSRP: $799.99
Expected availability for the Wrap 920AR is 2nd quarter of 2010. ($800, www.vuzix.com)