Remember the Polaroid? Of course you do….the only device ever made that could instantly gratify us with a ready-made photographic print. I bet you were assuming that the likes of Polaroid cameras would never see the light of day again, considering our digital era.
Wrong! Emerging from a protracted dormancy, the company that Edwin Land created, introduces its first new instant camera model in years, the [amazon_link id=”B005ZSRBXQ” target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]Z340 Instant Camera[/amazon_link]. The Z340 marries Polaroid’s art of instant photo processing to modern digital rendering. The Z340 has a 14-megapixel imaging sensor, and can store the image in the familiar digital format or delivers a photo of the image via its ink-free Zero Ink Printing Technology onboard, a cutting edge process developed by ZINK.
Zink stands for Zero Ink. In other words, no ink is used to process the image, and instead depends on an advanced composite material with cyan, yellow, and magenta dye crystals embedded inside. Heat those crystals and an image appears that will last forever thanks to a smudge proof technology and a water resistant coating.
[amazon_my_favorites design=”4″ width=”250″ title=”Polaroid Z340″ market_place=”US” ASIN=”B005ZSRBXQ” color_theme=”Cobalt” columns=”1″ rows=”1″ outer_background_color=”” inner_background_color=”” background_color=”” border_color=”” header_text_color=”#FFFFFF” linked_text_color=”” body_text_color=”” shuffle_products=”True” show_image=”True” show_price=”True” show_rating=”True” rounded_corners=”False”/]
The Polaroid[amazon_link id=”B005ZSRBXQ” target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ] Z340[/amazon_link] Instant Digital Camera also has a 2.7-inch screen, which allows you to view photos instantly, as well as make small edits. Photos can be downloaded to a computer from its SD card or you can print them instantly using the device’s built-in printer. The size of the prints, 3×4″, are the same exact size as the first Polaroid camera.
While the Polaroid Z340′s form factor is anything but that of today’s traditional point and shoot digital cameras, it weighs about 1.5 lbs and can capture up to 75 photos and print 25 images on a single battery charge.
Available now at Polaroid online store, B&H, Adorama, and [amazon_link id=”B005ZSRBXQ” target=”_blank” container=”” container_class=”” ]Amazon.com[/amazon_link] for $299.99. Also available is the 30-sheet ZINK paper refill pack for $19.99.
Check out the video by T3, and the full press release….
POLAROID ANNOUNCES THE Z340 INSTANT DIGITAL CAMERA Available Today, The New Polaroid Z340 Instant Digital Camera Reinvents Instant Photography for the Digital Age, Marrying the Flexibility and Convenience of a Digital Camera with the Classic Polaroid Instant Experience
MINNEAPOLIS, MN, November 8, 2011 – Today Polaroid announced the Z340 Instant Digital Camera, the next step in the evolution of the famed instant camera. Featuring a full-function 14.0 megapixel digital camera and integrated ZINK® printer, the Polaroid Z340 camera delivers a new twist on the instant experience. The Polaroid Z340 camera allows users to customize each individual photo between snap and share – making the newest product from the Polaroid family a digital photo booth that turns your images into a new social currency in less than one minute.
Since the launch of the Polaroid Land Camera in 1948, the first instant camera, people around the world have enjoyed the magic of Polaroid instant photography. The Polaroid Z340 camera delivers the same instant experience that is synonymous with the Polaroid brand: a simple, quick and easy way to capture, print, share and create with snapshots from our lives.
Unlike any other camera available today, the Polaroid Z340 pays homage to its analog predecessors, yet contains an advanced, easy-to-use digital feature set. Designed for portability, the Z340 combines a 14.0 megapixel digital camera with a ZINK-enabled printer using the ink-free Zero Ink Printing Technology from ZINK Imaging to deliver a 3×4” print – the same size as the classic Polaroid photos that captured millions of special memories over the past 63 years. The Polaroid Z340 camera gives you even more options for instant printing: choose the iconic Polaroid Classic Border Logo or full bleed and contemporary 3×4” photos.
“Polaroid photos connect people together in a way that is more personal than any photo tag, slideshow or comment box, yet digital images shape our stories,” said Scott W. Hardy, President, Polaroid. “The Z340 brings these two worlds together in harmony by merging the excitement of the instant printing experience with the ease of digital photography and sharing. We’re very excited to share the wonders of instant photography with a new generation.”
Designed to be both a digital and instant camera, the Z340 is a part of the Polaroid experience that injects more life, meaning and features into your photos than any other imaging device:
- Fuses the digital and analog worlds: Featuring a 14.0 megapixel digital camera and integrated ZINK printer, the Z340 camera produces vibrant photos with the patented ZINK Paper®, an advanced composite material with cyan, yellow, and magenta dye crystals embedded inside. Before printing, the embedded dye crystals are clear, so the ZINK Paper looks like regular white photo paper. The Z340 uses heat to activate and colorize these crystals.
- Superb Print Quality: The Polaroid Z340 camera uses ZINK Imaging’s second generation of the ZINK Technology, delivering vibrant and highly saturated prints. ZINK prints emerge fully developed and protected by a smudge-proof, water-resistant coating.
- Made to be mobile: Designed for old and new fans of Polaroid, the Z340 camera’s one pound, seven ounce, simple and intuitive features make instant printing and digital photography effortless with its rechargeable lithium-ion battery that prints up to 25 photos and 75 captures.
- Snap, view, share and store: Simply snap, check out images on the Z340 camera’s 2.7” LCD screen and choose photos for printing – just like that, favorite images are instantly shared, no connections required. Just like a regular digital camera your images can be automatically saved to the on-board SD card. Various settings allow you to automatically print every picture or be more selective and wait for that right picture so there are no more wasted prints.
- Get creative: No need to phone a friend to ask for help with computer upload and editing tricks – on-board editing features allow review and cropping prior to printing. Unique border options give your photos even more of a voice. You can even upload your own custom borders to the camera.
- Aesthetically Pleasing and Environmentally Responsible: Reminiscent of Polaroid cameras of the past, the Polaroid Z340 camera is clearly a significant departure from a typical camera. Designed for both form and function, photo printing is now as portable as photo taking: ZINK Technology does not require messy ribbons, toner or inkjet cartridges.
The Polaroid Z340 camera is available starting today (US, $299.99 MSRP) at Polaroid.com, B&H, Adorama and Amazon.com. Thirty sheets of Polaroid ZINK 3×4” Paper (US, $19.99 MSRP) is also available at the retailers listed above.
Across several generations, people regard Polaroid as one of the most trusted, well-respected and recognizable brands when it comes to instant photography. The Polaroid brand has been around for more than 70 years starting with polarized sunglasses which then evolved into instant film, camera and camera accessories, marking the beginning of the well recognized Polaroid Classic Border Logo. In recent years, the Polaroid brand has expanded into flat panel televisions, portable DVD players, digital photo frames, digital HD camcorders, waterproof digital cameras and more. People can expect to see new Polaroidproducts that will deliver the fun, instant gratification and value for which the brand has long stood.
For more information, visit www.Polaroid.com.
Polaroid, Polaroid & Pixel, and Polaroid Classic Border Logo are trademarks of PLR IP Holdings, LLC.
About ZINK Imaging
ZINK Imaging Inc., a privately held company, was founded to enable millions of customers to enjoy the magic of ZINK® Zero Ink® products. ZINK Imaging invented, manufactures, and is an OEM supplier of the ZINK Printing Technology and the award winning ZINK Paper® to partners that will bring ZINK‐enabled products to market under their respective brands. ZINK Imaging’s headquarters and research and development labs are in Massachusetts, with a state of the art manufacturing facility in Whitsett, North Carolina. For more information, please visit www.ZINK.com.
The ZINK® Technology and ZINK® trademarks are owned by ZINK Imaging, Inc