RIM released an update to their BlackBerry Desktop Manager software. The update, version 6.0, adds support for the BlackBerry Torch 9800 and comes with a completely new user interface. Earlier in the design process, RIM noted that it wanted to remove some of the ambiguity from dialog boxes and buttons and make common user actions more accessible. The new software is up on RIM’s site and ready to be downloaded.
This version is for PC only, so Mac users are still left with the elder version. 6.0 adds some nifty features and a totally revamped design as well as support for the Torch 9800. Updates include:
- An improved, simpler design for the software
- Added BlackBerry Media Sync features to import and synchronize your media files (music, pictures, and videos) from one location
- Option to synchronize your music by artist and genre
- Support for the BlackBerry® Torch 9800 Smartphone and the BlackBerry Curve 9300 Smartphone
- If your device is using BlackBerry Device Software 6.0, you can use the Wi-Fi music sync feature to download or remove songs from your computer’s music collection using your device when you connect to your home’s Wi-Fi network
Download the new Blackberry 6.0 Desktop Software here