Place the new Tanita Sleep Scan SL-501 under your bedding to monitor sleep patterns. The device uses a vibration microphone to sense body motion, heart rate and breathing patterns, and then stores that information on an SD card.
Upload that data into your PC and the accompanying software will display your sleep patterns in easy-to-understand graphs.
You will be able to see how many hours you are asleep for, the number of times you wake up, and other data useful in treating insomnia, sleeping disorders and your overall health.
Here are some additional features and specs of the Sleep Scan SL-501 Mat:
- Collects data on: pulse rate, respiration rate, body motion
- Analyzes data for: sleeping time, time to get to sleep, number of times of waking up
- Color: white
- Size: 863 × 314 × 26mm (33.9 x 12.3 x 1″)
- Weight: 1.3kg
- Power (DC): 7V/1.7A
- Power (AC): 100V 50-60HZ/0.29A
- Memory card: SD or SDHC
- Instructions: Japanese only
Available in May for just under $600, you can order it through http://www.japantrendshop.com/tanita-sleep-scan-sl501-p-854.html
Published on April 26, 2010