The perfect combination of fuel efficiency, torque, power, and weight, the STIHL MS 362 C-Q is engineered to save pro users both time and money. It features advanced engine technology, and delivers up to 20% greater fuel efficiency and 70% fewer emissions compared to previous models.
Designed for logging, thinning, arbor work and large woodcutting jobs, the MS 362 CQ chain saw features a new pre-separation air filtration system that allows for fewer filter changes and longer runtimes. The simplified starting procedure gets you started quicker, while the advanced anti-vibration system allows you to keep working for longer periods of time and with greater comfort.
Other features of the MS C-Q include a toolless fuel and oil cap with retainers, side-access chain tentioner, and decompression valve. The STIHL MS 362 C-Q has the patented STIHL Quickstop® and a second manually-activated chain braking system. This means double the safety, and very little chance of serious accidents. Additionally, as part of a new platform design concept, the MS 362 C-Q allows for quicker, more streamlined serviceability from your local STIHL dealer.
I had a chance to use the STIHL MS 362 C-Q, and it was a treat. When it comes to the hard work of felling trees and cutting them into firewood, there’s just no substitute for the chain saw. A couple of hours with the STIHL is enough to prepare a pickup-full of firewood or to whittle down a big pile of brush created by a windstorm that just swept through.
Chain saws have been around for nearly 90 years and have improved steadily all along. The STIHL MS 362 C-Q has really taken more than just a steady step forward in this category. While it’s easy-starting, well-mannered and high power-to-weight ratio specs are nice, the MS 362 C-Q cuts with a vengeance. In fact, it’s so good, it’s hard to find any fault with this model.
Still, clear differences emerge between homeowner and pro models. The STIHL MS 362 C-Q would qualify as definitely a pro model. And with so many features, particularly the QuickStop feature and the advanced anti-vibration system, the 362 C-Q stands alone. STIHL also pays particularly close attention to the little details to make life easier- like the toolless fuel and oil cap with retainers, the side-access chain tentioner, and the decompression valve. All of these seemingly simple renovations seem to really round-out the 362 C-Q.
If you’re looking for a serious machine, try out the STIHL MS 362 C-Q. It won’t disappoint, and is easily the best pro-model chainsaw out on the market. Retails for around $800-$900.
Here are some specs……
- STIHL Quickstop® and second chain braking system
- Advanced engine technology (low fuel consumption and reduced emissions / more power)
- Pre-seperation air filtration system
- Advanced anti-vibration system
- Toolless fuel and oil caps with retainers
- Side-access chain tensioner
- Decompression valve
- STIHL OILOMATIC® saw chain. STIHL makes its own saw chain.
- Ematic™ bar includes a polymer ramp reservoir which holds bar oil until it can be picked up by passing chain. This can reduce oil usage by up to 50%.
- Bumper spikes provide better control, making cutting easier.
- Spark arrestor muffler has large baffles which reduce noise level and contain a screen designed to reduce the emission of sparks.
- STIHL Quickstop® chain brake system is designed to stop the chain in fractions of a second. Can be manually activated or activated by inertia, if the kickback force is sufficient.
- Front hand guard designed to reduce the risk of injury.
- Front handle is designed for a secure grip and ergonomically angled for comfort. Protected spark plug – protected, yet easy to change.
- Large starting handle is easy to grip.
- Smooth clean design has no rough edges to snag on clothing or brush.
- Air filter cover is easy to remove for fast and easy filter cleaning or replacement.
- Master Control Lever™ is a single lever operating the choke, starting throttle lock and on-off switch.
- Rear hand guard reduces the risk of injury, as well as providing wide area for foot placement during starting.
- High-tech polymer housings are lightweight, withstand greater impact, and are corrosion-resistant.
- Translucent fuel tank allows operator to easily check fuel level before starting work.
- Anti-vibration system helps reduce operator fatigue.
- Toolless fuel and oil caps require no tools to open or tighten. Cap retainers help keep cap from being lost.
- IntelliCarb™ compensating carburetor measures air on clean side of air filter and adjusts metering diaphragm in carburetor. Keeps rpm levels even when filter begins to clog.
- Easy-access carburetor adjustment screws let you adjust the carburetor for local cutting conditions and altitude.
- Decompression valve makes starting easier.
- Easy2Start™ system reduces resistance which eliminates the need for a strong, fast pull of the starting cord. Available on some models.
- Electronic ignition provides easier starting and smoother running.
- A second braking system reduces the risk of injury in some circumstances if so equipped.
- Purge pump primer lets you prime the carburetor without flooding it. Standard on some models.
- Replaceable “in tank” fuel and oil filters lower cost and are easy to maintain.
- ElastoStart™ handle has built-in shock absorber for smoother starting.
- Inboard chain brake requires less maintenance and makes saw chain sprocket easier to remove.
- Automatic bar and chain oiler lets operator concentrate on cutting, not on bar lubrication.
- Quick Chain Adjuster is a toolless chain adjuster (not on all models).
- Chain catcher helps reduce the risk of operator contact by a chain if it should break or derail.
- Throttle trigger interlock must be depressed before the trigger can be activated.
Published on August 3, 2010