The brainchild of both Apple and Google grads, The new Sproutling Baby Monitor is a baby monitor that will learn and predict a baby’s behavior to make a new parent’s life a bit easier. Every baby is unique with his/her personality, but figuring that out isn’t always easy. Sproutling will predict a baby’s unique sleep patterns, their moods and room conditions to provide parents with very helpful insights on what their baby likes and doesn’t like.
The device is made up of three parts – a wearable band that goes on their ankle, a smart charger and mobile app – that all work in tandem to provide valuable insight like:
- The baby’s heart rate and if it’s lower or higher than usual
- When the baby will most likely wake up
- If the baby is sleeping on his/her back or has rolled over
- If it’s too bright or loud in the room
- If the temperature of the room is off from the baby’s ideal room temp
Another selling point about the Sproutling is that the app can be shared with caregivers like babysitters or grandparents so that you can keep an eye on things when you’re away. If you’re a new parent, expecting more kids in the future or have any friends who are expecting, the Sproutling is the ticket at $299, or $249 if you want to get in on the early bird special (ships early 2015).