The Char-Broil Grill 2 Go ICE Portable Infrared Gas Grill and Cooler Combo ($199) is essentially a portable infrared grilling system with dual 30 qt. onboard coolers. The G2G-ICE’s big feature is its ability to fold and collapse into a variety of configurations, including a compact wheeled cart for easy transport and storage.
10,500 BTU output on the 290 sq. in. porcelain-coated grate achieves fantastic char and sear. An optional adaptor even allows switching between 1lb (3 hours grill time) and 20 lb LP tanks.
The Char-Broil Grill2Go Ice portable infrared grill and cooler combination is the first portable grill to offer an advanced infrared cooking system, which gives outdoor chefs a more flexible, professional experience.
Highlights of Char-Broil’s Grill2Go Ice:
- The grill features an infrared cooking system that evenly heats the entire 290 square-inch cooking surface, and provides excellent searing capabilities. And with no exposed flame, flare-ups are virtually eliminated.
- Wood chips can be dropped between the cooking grates to add flavoring.
- There’s no messy grease tray to clean as with other portable grills (cooking grease is trapped below the grate and vaporizes).
- Two 30-quart, hard-lined, soft-sided coolers can store hot and cold food. The coolers are easily removed from the base so that they can be filled on a counter top or used separately from the grill.
- The Grill2Go Ice cooks for up to three hours with a one-pound propane tank and can also be connected to a full-sized tank.
- The rugged design and sturdy wheels easily conquer rough terrain.
Operating the Grill2Go Ice is as simple as 1) lifting the grill and locking it in place, 2) sliding on the side shelves, and 3) connecting the fuel tank and regulator. Cleaning requires just a brush of the grates and a wipe down with a damp cloth.
The Char-Broil Grill2Go Ice retails for $200 and is available at www.charbroil.com.
Published on June 11, 2010