From the photography experts at Joby, creators of the Gorillapod line of flexible tripods and the Gorillamobile iPhone stand, comes the GorillaCam, a free, feature-packed camera application for the iPhone.
Designed to extend the iPhone’s native camera functionality, the Gorillacam adds many features that are unavailable in the basic camera application, including a self-timer, time-lapse, and continuous rapid-fire shooting.
The Gorillacam’s self-timer function allows you to set a custom time delay, which is ideal for taking group photos or self-portraits. The Gorillacam is the perfect complement to Joby’s popular Gorillamobile for 3G/3GS, an iPhone stand with flexible, wrappable legs that attach to virtually any surface, providing iPhone owners flexibility for taking photos, recording video, watching movies, or talking hands-free.
The Gorillamobile attaches to the iPhone via a custom engineered protective iPhone 3G/3GS case. In addition to the self-timer, the Gorillacam allows for fast, uninterrupted shots, up to 1.6 frames per second. Photos save automatically in the background allowing users to fire off a sequence of photos. Also built into the Joby Gorillacam is a time-lapse feature that can take multiple photos spaced at user-specified intervals as short as 1 second or as long as 2 minutes.
Other capabilities include:
- Press anywhere – turns the entire screen into a shutter button.
- 3-Shot burst – takes three photographs in rapid succession. Never miss a second of the action. Plus, no more photos ruined when someone blinks!
- Grid overlay – compose more interesting shots with a rule of thirds guide. Also great for lining up landscapes or buildings.
- Bubble level – take level shots every time. Works in both vertical and horizontal modes, and is ideal for horizons or panoramas.
- Share – upload or share photos easily from within the Gorillacam.