Moixa Energy LTD makes a neat product called the USBCELL, a revolutionary new rechargeable battery with a built in USB socket for charging. This NiMH AA cell can be used like a normal battery and can be recharged simply by plugging into a USB port.
With over 15 billion Alkaline batteries made and thrown away each year – wasting resources, C02 and creating toxic Landfill, USBCELL offers a eco-friendly alternative that can be re-used hundreds of times with no charge adaptor or cable is needed.
Charging for just a few minutes provides extra hours of instant use for most input devices.
Can be used just like a normal battery and can be recharged anywhere simply by plugging into a USB port
- Made with NiMH (Nickel Metal Hydride) to last for an extensive time period and ensure optimum performance
- Charges 90% in just 5 hours and even charging for just 1 hour provides 50% battery life
- Can be reused hundreds of times before replacement
- Eliminates the hassle of separate charge adapters and cables
- Significantly reduces the amount of battery waste harmful to the environment
- Side indicator lights show when battery is charging, 90% charged, and fully charged
The USBCELL is available at Tiger Direct, CompUSA, Circuit City, Best Buy, SharperImage.com and ThinkGeek.com. It’s priced at $17.99, with other accessories for the USBCELL available on the company’s website- www.usbcell.com
Published on June 14, 2010