Not everyone can afford to install a stationary air conditioning system. The solution to this issue will be the purchase of a portable climate device. This article will explain what outdoor mobile air conditioners are and what advantages they should have.
Portable air conditioning is a practical climate control device and a good replacement for a stationary air conditioning. Learn more on this website.
The installation of a mobile air conditioner is carried out without assembly work. However, despite this possibility, the system does not have a small size and weight. Here the following principle works: the more powerful the performance, the heavier the weight.
Modern mobile air conditioners very aesthetic and attractive, that’s why they won’t spoil the interior of your house.
The technical properties of a portable air cooler are similar to stationary air conditioning. The device performs air cooling and ventilation. Some models have the function of lowering the level of moisture in the room.
The operation of the device is carried out by supplying heated air into one hole and the output of already purified and cooled air.
How the Best Mobile Air Conditioners Work
- The multi-stage filtration method removes dirt, germs, and unpleasant odors.
- The ventilation function airs the room and cleans it.
- Night mode provides the possibility of silent operation.
- The device can be self-cleaning, which ensures that the device is kept clean.
- Self-diagnostics will help you identify possible malfunctions and notify the user.
- The system has an auto-restart option that allows you to reboot the device in case of power failure.
Types of Mobile Air Conditioners
There are two types of floor air conditioning systems:
- With the function of the duct. Such a device will remove warm air through a flexible pipe-duct placed directly behind the room, for example, by making output to a window, balcony, or vent.
- Mobile air conditioner without air duct. This device works on water. The air is passed through by water impregnation of the filter. As the water evaporates, heat is taken from the air. Water, due to its rapid evaporation, must often be added. This system will only humidify the air, and for good air cooling, it is better to store water in the refrigerator. With high humidity, this type of device is not suitable at all.
Types of Construction
There are two types of portable climate systems that differ in design:
- monoblock, when all parts are located in the same housing;
- a device divided into external and internal blocks, connected by wire and tubes to freon. This type of operation is similar to a normal climate control system.
Advantages of Mobile Monoblock:
- No installation is required.
- Operation is possible in different types of rooms.
- Tubes with freon are hidden inside the unit.
- Low power consumption.
- Not suitable for very large rooms.
- The maximum temperature of the air duct is 140 °F.
- It costs more than a stationary air conditioning.
- It is located no further than 4 ft. from the window.
Advantages of Portable Air Conditioner:
- It can be installed in a room of different types.
Quieter operation thanks to the removal of the compressor.
The output of heat using the external unit.
- More complex mounting of the external part.
- Mandatory placement near the window due to the short freon tube.
- Timely removal of the condensed liquid from the container.
What to pay attention to when choosing a mobile air conditioner
Tips for Choosing A Mobile Air Conditioner
When purchasing such devices, use the following recommendations:
- Outdoor air conditioning requires space, which should be taken into account when choosing a model. The device with an air duct has a rigid binding to the window. Moving to another room may not be possible.
- When selecting a model, it is necessary to proceed from the volume of the room, taking into account its purpose and frequency of use.
- Monoblocks with night sleep mode are purchased for sleeping and children’s rooms.
- Devices with limited functionality are cheaper. If the air conditioner is supposed to be used rarely, it makes no sense to overpay for additional modes.
- Pay attention to the energy efficiency of the device. For apartments and private homes, the best solution will be a mobile air conditioner of category A and A+ due to the consumption of a small amount of energy.