GPS watches help to track your performance while also offering precise information. The GPS watches used by runners are highly accurate and precise. By using a GPS watch, runners can rely on the information offered by it like the time taken to cover a particular distance, miles covered, detailed training metrics, and performance evaluations. Nowadays, GPS watches offer easy navigation thanks to their interactive touch screens, and also come with an oximeter to measure blood oxygen levels.
But while some GPS watches pack some great functionalities, COROS’s new GPS watch, the COROS APEX Pro, offers all that and much, much more. Today (September 17, 2019) COROS is introducing its new APEX Pro GPS watch and it’s bringing its proprietary Touch Screen Technology to its COROS Vertix Watch.
The APEX Pro is a more powerful and advanced member of the award-winning APEX series of Premium GPS Multisport watches, while COROS’ proprietary Touch Screen Technology will also be introduced to their already existing COROS VERTIX Fitness Smartwatch.
Check out the press release for any information you might need about the COROS APEX Pro Watch.
Tustin, CA, September 17, 2019 – COROS Wearables Inc., makers of endurance sports wearables, announced today the expansion of their award-winning APEX series with the more advanced APEX Pro Premium Multisport GPS Watch. According to COROS, APEX Pro provides longer battery life, enhanced durability and new altitude focused features to the APEX series, offering even greater power and efficiency to outdoor enthusiasts.
Exciting features of the new premium GPS watch, include:
- Extended 40 hours of battery life in full GPS mode – 14% longer than the original APEX 46mm.
- Touch Screen Technology – Optional Touch Screen interface, allows for easier to use navigation.
- Innovative Altitude Mode – meant for the mountains – with 24/7 blood oxygen monitoring, altitude performance assessment and built-in alert system to notify the user when they are safe to resume climbing.
- Premium Materials – The APEX Pro features a Titanium Bezel and Sapphire Glass screen standard; weighing in at just 59g including the watchband.
APEX Pro has been tested by runners and outdoor explorers on trails, roads and in the mountains – it is truly the most versatile watch in its class. The APEX Pro will be available for purchase on coros.com and at select running and outdoor specialty retailers.
Additional VERTIX features and specs:
- 100-meter waterproof – more durable to a greater depth than the competition
- 100 hours of battery life in UltraMax GPS mode
- 30 days of battery life in regular use
- Navigation with interactive touch screen for easy viewing
- Detailed training metrics and performance evaluations
- Barometric Altimeter for precise altitude readings
- Oximeter to measure blood oxygen levels
“We knew we had a winner in the COROS APEX, a watch that really changed the game for all outdoor enthusiasts, so in designing the APEX Pro we wanted to enhance the features without straying far from what our users have loved in the original APEX ,” said Lewis Wu, CEO of COROS. “APEX Pro is longer lasting, adds altitude based functions and even offers COROS’ first ever Touch Screen capabilities. This watch is perfect for every outdoor enthusiast, regardless of where they play.”
Shipping will begin on Thursday September 26th with a suggested retail price starting at $499.
The COROS VERTIX which was launched on May 14, 2019 will also see a significant upgrade with the addition of Touch Screen Technology. This new feature will enhance the user interface and will be available via firmware update in the COROS App.
ABOUT COROS WEARABLES
Started by a group of passionate individuals with a shared interest in bridging sports and technology, COROS products empower explorers and athletes worldwide by providing more inspiring experiences under extreme conditions. It is in our heart to incorporate the most innovative technology into the outdoor sports world and design the best products for explorers and athletes around the globe. Follow COROS on all social media @COROSGlobal